- "Physical computation without mathematical content or wide individuation." Rudolf Carnap Lectures 2019, Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Germany, 14th-15th March 2019. (With Krzysztof Dolega.)
- "Pluralistic Ontologies and Perspectival Mechanisms in Cognitive Neuroscience." The Third International Conference of the German Society for Philosophy of Science, University of Cologne, 25th-27th February 2019.
- "The perspectival individuation of neural computations." Causation and Computation in Neuroscience, University of Cologne, 18th-19th December 2018.
- “Perspectival realism about mechanistic functions in biology and cognitive science.” The Mechanistic Approach in Biology and Cognition, University of Lisbon, 20th November 2018
- "Cybernetics and Economic Planning." Keynote presentation at The Division of Labour and the Development of the Self, University of Edinburgh, 14th-15th July 2018.
- "Pluralistic Ontologies and Perspectival Mechanisms in Cognitive Neuroscience." BSPS 2018 Annual Conference, University of Oxford, 4th-6th July 2018.
- "Computing Mechanisms Without Proper Functions." IACAP 2018, Polish Academy of Sciences, Warsaw, 21st-23rd June 2018.
- "Folk psychology and cognitive ontology." Colloquium on Consciousness and Cognition, Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Germany, 19th June 2018.
- "Folk ontology and function-structure mapping." 14th Annual Conference of the Italian Society for Cognitive Science, Symposium on Structure-Function Mappings in Cognitive Neuroscience, Università di Bologna, Italy, 14th-16th December 2017.
- "Attending to the illusion of consciousness." Designed Mind 2017, University of Edinburgh, 8th-9th November 2017. (With Krzysztof Dolega.)
- "Normative Folk Psychology and Decision Theory." Normative Folk Psychology Workshop, York University, Toronto, 26th-27th October 2017. (With Chris Burr.)
- "The Enactive Automaton as a Computing Mechanism." The 91st Joint Session of the Aristotelian Society and the Mind Association, University of Edinburgh, UK, 14th-16th July 2017. (With Mario Villalobos.)
- "Folk Psychology and the Bayesian Brain." Serious Metaphysics Group, University of Cambridge, UK, 27th April 2017.
- "Cybernetics, Autopoiesis, Enactivism." The Past, Present and Future of Integrated HPS, Centre for the History and Philosophy of Science, University of Leeds, UK, 13th-14th January 2017.
- "From Folk Psychology to Cognitive Ontology." Early Career Mind Network Research Forum, Durham University, UK, 1st-2nd September 2016.
- "Computationalism, Enactivism, and Cognition." 4th International Workshop on Artificial Intelligence and Cognition, New York, 17th-18th July 2016. (With Mario Villalobos.)
- "From Folk Psychology to Cognitive Ontology." BSPS 2016 Annual Conference, Cardiff University, UK, 7th-8th July 2016.
- "Cybernetics, Computationalism, and Enactivism: Lessons from a Forgotten Past." &HPS6, University of Edinburgh, UK, 3rd-5th July 2016.
- "Natural kinds and folk kinds in the psychological sciences." II FINO/SIFA Graduate Conference in Mind, Language and Science, University of Genoa, Italy, 30th Jun-1st Jul 2016.
- "Folk Psychology and the Bayesian Brain." MIND23, Frankfurt Institute for Advanced Studies, Germany, 4th-6th May 2016.
- "Natural kinds and folk kinds in the psychological sciences." BSPS 2015 Annual Conference, University of Manchester, UK, 2nd-3rd July 2015.
- "Computational Closure in Sensorimotor Systems." 5th Research Workshop in Philosophy of Biology and Cognitive Science, UNED, Spain, 23rd-24th April 2015. (With Mario Villalobos.)
- "The Myth of a Universal Folk Psychology." ESPP 2014, University of Messina, Italy, 16th-19th September 2014.
- "Computing Mechanisms and Autopoiesis." IACAP 2014, Anatolia University, Greece, 2nd-4th July 2014.
- "Rejecting the Received View: Represention, Computation, and Observer-Relativity." AISB-50: The 7th Symposium on Computing and Philosophy, Goldsmiths, University of London, UK, 1st-4th April 2014. (Printed in the anthology of selected papers.)
- "Fame in the Predictive Brain." Rudolf Carnap Lectures 2014, Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Germany, 10th-12th March 2014. (With Krzysztof Dolega.)